Jump to Main Content
- Isak J. Csargo; Michael L. Brown; Matthew J. Ward
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2013 v.25 no.1 pp. 24-34
- Micropterus salmoides; condition factor; correlation; feeds; fingerlings; food availability; photoperiod; protein composition; protein energy ratio; starter cultures; starter diets; stocking rate; tanks; water temperature; weaning
- ... We compared performance (growth, survival, and condition) of northern largemouth bass Micropterus salmoides salmoides fingerlings fed one of three commercial starter feeds: Otohime Marine Weaning (OMW; Marubeni Nisshin Feed), Bio-Oregon BiVita Fry (BVF; Bio-Oregon), and Purina Aquamax Starter (PAS; PMI Nutrition International LLC). Nine 833-L circular tanks, connected in parallel to a recirculatio ...
- Mohammad Sudagar; Abbas Hajibaglo; Mohammad Ali Jalali; Hamed Kolangi Miandare
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2012 v.24 no.1 pp. 81-87
- Huso huso; condition factor; diet; fingerlings; food conversion; rearing; specific growth rate; survival rate; tanks
- ... This study was carried out to determine the effect of feeding time on growth parameters, food conversion ratio, and survival rate of Huso huso fingerlings (2.11 ± 0.03 g) over a period of five weeks. Fish in triplicate tanks were fed a commercial pelleted diet four times every 24 h on one of four schedules: at 08:00, 11:00, 14:00, and 17:00 h (day feeding); at 08:00, 12:00, 18:00, and 22:00 h (day ...