Jump to Main Content
- Isak J. Csargo; Michael L. Brown; Matthew J. Ward
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2013 v.25 no.1 pp. 24-34
- Micropterus salmoides; condition factor; correlation; feeds; fingerlings; food availability; photoperiod; protein composition; protein energy ratio; starter cultures; starter diets; stocking rate; tanks; water temperature; weaning
- ... We compared performance (growth, survival, and condition) of northern largemouth bass Micropterus salmoides salmoides fingerlings fed one of three commercial starter feeds: Otohime Marine Weaning (OMW; Marubeni Nisshin Feed), Bio-Oregon BiVita Fry (BVF; Bio-Oregon), and Purina Aquamax Starter (PAS; PMI Nutrition International LLC). Nine 833-L circular tanks, connected in parallel to a recirculatio ...
- Ismael Gárate-Lizárraga; David J. López-Cortés; José J. Bustillos-Guzmán; Christine J. Band-Schmidt; María Del Socorro Muñetón-Gómez
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2012 v.24 no.3 pp. 235-246
- Dinophyceae; chlorophyll; dissolved oxygen; fertilizers; food availability; nitrates; nitrogen content; nutrient content; phosphates; phytoplankton; pigments; ponds; proteins; shrimp; temperature; Gulf of California; Mexico
- ... From mid-August to mid-September 1998, a dinoflagellate bloom in a shrimp pond near La Paz, Baja California Sur, was studied. Daily samples were taken of phytoplankton, dissolved oxygen, nutrient concentrations, photosynthetic pigments and proteins. The bloom occurred at temperatures of 29.7 to 33.2 °C. High densities of a Scrippsiella-like dinoflagellate (15.9 × 10⁶ cells/L) occurred on the first ...