Jump to Main Content
- Stillman, Andrew N.; Siegel, Rodney B.; Wilkerson, Robert L.; Johnson, Matthew; Tingley, Morgan W.
- Journal of applied ecology 2019 v.56 no.4 pp. 880-890
- adults; age structure; biodiversity; fire regime; fires; fledglings; food availability; foraging; forests; habitat preferences; habitats; nests; predation; radio telemetry; risk; snags; trees; woodpeckers
- ... Variation in fire characteristics, termed pyrodiversity, plays an important role in structuring post‐fire communities, but little is known about the importance of pyrodiversity for individual species. The availability of diverse post‐fire habitats may be key for fire‐associated species if they require different resources at different life‐history stages. We tested for age‐specific habitat relation ...
- Sterrett, Sean C.; Katz, Rachel A.; Fields, William R.; Campbell Grant, Evan H.
- Journal of applied ecology 2019 v.56 no.4 pp. 988-995
- Ambystoma; adults; case studies; conservation programs; extinction; infrastructure; mortality; population growth; population size; roadsides; salamanders and newts; United States
- ... Roadside amphibian citizen science (CS) programmes bring together volunteers focused on collecting scientific data while working to mitigate population declines by reducing road mortality of pond‐breeding amphibians. Despite the international popularity of these movement‐based, roadside conservation efforts (i.e. “big nights,” “bucket brigades” and “toad patrols”), direct benefits to conservation ...