Jump to Main Content
- Dhanjal‐Adams, Kiran L.; Mustin, Karen; Possingham, Hugh P.; Fuller, Richard A.
- Journal of applied ecology 2016 v.53 no.4 pp. 1215-1224
- wildlife management, etc ; birds; case studies; compliance; conservation areas; cost effectiveness; decision making; migratory behavior; quantitative analysis; resource allocation; wildlife; Australia; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... To ensure public compliance with regulations designed to protect wildlife, many protected areas need to be patrolled. However, there have been few attempts to determine how to deploy enforcement effort to get the best return on investment. This is particularly complex where repeated enforcement visits may result in diminishing returns on investment. Straightforward quantitative methods to solve su ...
- Lewis, Tyler L.; Schmutz, Joel A.; Amundson, Courtney L.; Lindberg, Mark S.
- Journal of applied ecology 2016 v.53 no.6 pp. 1746-1754
- wildlife management, etc ; boreal forests; breeding; climate change; fire suppression; forest fires; habitats; issues and policy; models; prescribed burning; surveys; waterfowl; wildlife; North America; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Wildfires are the principal disturbance in the boreal forest, and their size and frequency are increasing as the climate warms. Impacts of fires on boreal wildlife are largely unknown, especially for the tens of millions of waterfowl that breed in the region. This knowledge gap creates significant barriers to the integrative management of fires and waterfowl, leading to fire policies that largely ...