Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of applied ecology 2015 v.52 no.3 pp. 753-762
- Carpinus; Coleoptera; Fagus; Fraxinus; Larix; Picea abies; Pseudotsuga; Tilia; conifers; dead wood; forests; harvesting; host preferences; host specificity; hosts; managers; models; plantations; stand management; trees; wages and remuneration; Germany
- ... Among saproxylic beetles, many early colonizers prefer particular host species. Ranking of preferred hosts of local saproxylic beetle communities is critical for effective dead‐wood management in forests, but is rarely done because experiments with numerous tree species are labour and cost intensive. We analysed the host preference of local saproxylic beetle communities on logs of 13 tree species ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied ecology 2018 v.55 no.6 pp. 2933-2943
- Coleoptera; Fomes fomentarius; dead wood; deciduous forests; extinction; forest restoration; fungi; habitat conservation; habitats; microsatellite repeats; population genetics; population structure; threatened species; trees; Germany
- ... Habitat restoration aims to improve local habitat conditions for threatened species. While such restorations are widespread, rigorous evaluations of their success are rare. This is especially true of those considering species dynamics. Increasingly, deadwood is a target for forest restoration as many species directly and indirectly depend on this resource. In a broadleaf forest in southern Germany ...