Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 27 Authors
- Journal of applied ecology 2018 v.55 no.1 pp. 267-278
- Coleoptera; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; animals; bacteria; climate; even-aged management; forest stands; fungi; habitats; landscapes; management systems; moieties; national parks; plants (botany); soil quality; species diversity; temperate forests; Germany
- ... For managed temperate forests, conservationists and policymakers favour fine‐grained uneven‐aged (UEA) management over more traditional coarse‐grained even‐aged (EA) management, based on the assumption that within‐stand habitat heterogeneity enhances biodiversity. There is, however, little empirical evidence to support this assumption. We investigated for the first time how differently grained for ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied ecology 2018 v.55 no.6 pp. 2933-2943
- Coleoptera; Fomes fomentarius; dead wood; deciduous forests; extinction; forest restoration; fungi; habitat conservation; habitats; microsatellite repeats; population genetics; population structure; threatened species; trees; Germany
- ... Habitat restoration aims to improve local habitat conditions for threatened species. While such restorations are widespread, rigorous evaluations of their success are rare. This is especially true of those considering species dynamics. Increasingly, deadwood is a target for forest restoration as many species directly and indirectly depend on this resource. In a broadleaf forest in southern Germany ...