Jump to Main Content
- Garmestani, Ahjond S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied ecology 2016 v.53 no.3 pp. 656-665
- case studies; ecosystems; models
- ... Ecosystems are complex and multivariate; hence, methods to assess the dynamics of ecosystems should have the capacity to evaluate multiple indicators simultaneously. Most research on identifying leading indicators of regime shifts has focused on univariate methods and simple models which have limited utility when evaluating real ecosystems, particularly because drivers are often unknown. We discus ...
- Garmestani, Ahjond S., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of applied ecology 2016 v.53 no.3 pp. 688-698
- anthropogenic activities; ecological invasion; ecosystem management; ecosystem services; ecosystems; environmental impact; monitoring; space and time; uncertainty
- ... Human impacts on the environment are multifaceted and can occur across distinct spatiotemporal scales. Ecological responses to environmental change are therefore difficult to predict, and entail large degrees of uncertainty. Such uncertainty requires robust tools for management to sustain ecosystem goods and services and maintain resilient ecosystems. We propose an approach based on discontinuity ...