Jump to Main Content
- Gnanvossou, D.; Hanna, R.; Goergen, G.; Salifu, D.; Tanga, C. M.; Mohamed, S. A.; Ekesi, S.
- Journal of applied entomology 2017 v.141 no.10 pp. 798-809
- methyl eugenol, etc ; Bactrocera dorsalis; Ceratitis cosyra; Cucurbitaceae; Dacus; acetates; agroecosystems; correlation; crops; financial economics; forests; fruit flies; horticulture; industry; insect infestations; mangoes; population dynamics; rain; relative humidity; reproduction; temperature; Benin; Guinea; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The horticulture industry in Benin is under threat due to fruit fly infestation on important crops such as cucurbits and mango. Given the economic losses due to fruit fly infestations, population dynamics of fruit flies on these crops were monitored over 6 years (2004–2010) using three parapheromones—cuelure, methyl eugenol and terpinyl acetate. A total of 2,714,186 specimens belonging to 14 speci ...
- Manrakhan, A.; Daneel, J.‐H.; Beck, R.; Virgilio, M.; Meganck, K.; De Meyer, M.
- Journal of applied entomology 2017 v.141 no.10 pp. 825-840
- methyl eugenol, etc ; Bactrocera dorsalis; Ceratitis capitata; Dacus; Torula; ammonium acetate; females; fruit flies; males; monitoring; putrescine; trapping; trimedlure; trimethylamine; yeasts; South Africa; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The efficacy of different attractant trap combinations for monitoring of Afrotropical fruit flies was evaluated in commercial fruit production areas and natural areas in the northern parts of South Africa. Five food‐based attractants: three‐component Biolure, a combination of ammonium acetate and trimethylamine, a combination of ammonium acetate and putrescine, torula yeast and Questlure, were eva ...