Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, A.; Li, X.; Zhang, H.; Wang, H.; Miao, L.; Zhang, J.; Qin, Q.
- Journal of applied entomology 2012 v.136 no.8 pp. 632-637
- Autographa californica; Helicoverpa armigera; Hyphantria cunea; Nucleopolyhedrovirus; RNA; Spodoptera exigua; cattle; gene expression; genes; ovaries; polymerase chain reaction; protein kinase C; proteins; receptors
- ... A new cell line, designated IOZCASâSpex XI, was established from the pupal ovaries of Spodoptera exigua (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) in TNMâFH medium containing 10% foetal bovine serum. The spherical cells were predominant among the various cell types. The populationâdoubling time during the logarithmic phase of growth was 81.7âh. It was confirmed that the cell line originated from S.Â exigua ...
- Stoianova, E.; Williams, T.; Cisneros, J.; Muñoz, D.; Murillo, R.; Tasheva, E.; Caballero, P.
- Journal of applied entomology 2012 v.136 no.8 pp. 596-604
- Euplectrus; Spodoptera exigua; Spodoptera exigua multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus; application timing; hosts; insecticides; instars; larvae; mortality; parasitism; parasitoids; pest control; pest control programs; progeny; pupal development; viruses
- ... Insect pathogenic viruses and parasitoids represent distinct biological entities that exploit a shared host resource and have similar effects in suppressing host populations. This study explores the interactions between the ectoparasitoid Euplectrus plathypenae (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) and the Spodoptera exigua multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus (SeMNPV) in larvae of S. exigua (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) ...