Jump to Main Content
- Hussein, H.M.; Dimetry, N.; Zidan, Z.; Iss-hak, R.R.; Sehnal, F.
- Journal of applied entomology 2005 v.129 no.3 pp. 142-148
- azadirachtin; experimental diets; Scarabaeidae; hormone agonists; saponins; insect development; hydroprene; insect reproduction; mortality; topical application; insect control
- ... Saponin extract from alfalfa roots, azadirachtin from the neem seed oil, synthetic ecdysteroid agonist RH-2485, and the juvenoid hydroprene disturb the development and reproduction of Tropinota squalida. Feeding beetles on diets containing 750 p.p.m. saponins, 7.5 p.p.m. RH-2485, and 1.13 p.p.m. azadirachtin reduces their progeny from 51 second instar larvae per female to 24, 15, and 15 larvae, re ...
- Hegazi, E.M.; Khafagi, W.E.
- Journal of applied entomology 2005 v.129 no.3 pp. 134-141
- Microplitis; Spodoptera littoralis; parasitoids; host-parasite relationships; superparasitism; larvae; insect development; egg hatchability; viability; mortality; temperature; host preferences
- ... Earlier research has shown that the koinobiont parasitoid, Microplitis rufiventris, attacks and can develop on early instars of Spodoptera littoralis larvae with preference to third instars. However, the present study was carried out using the newly moulted sixth instar larvae at two different temperatures (20 +/- 1 and 27 +/- 1 degrees C) to study the developmental interaction between the parasit ...