Jump to Main Content
- Crossman, J. A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 322-330
- Acipenser fulvescens; Ambloplites rupestris; Micropterus dolomieu; Notropis atherinoides; Orconectes; adults; crayfish; fiberglass; gravel; habitats; indigenous species; mortality; predation; predators; sand; sturgeon
- ... The objective was to investigate the effects of two native fish predators (adult rock bass Ambloplites rupestris, and smallmouth bass Micropterus dolomieue) and an invasive benthic crayfish (Orconectes rusticus) on habitat choice and survival of hatchery‐reared age‐0 lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens). Three length‐classes (mean total length ± 1 SD) of 68.4 ± 12.7 cm, 85.9 ± 15.0, and 111.6 ± 15 ...
- Crossman, J. A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 258-278
- case studies; habitat destruction; habitats; monitoring; rearing; remediation; rivers; spawning; sturgeon; uncertainty
- ... Habitat loss is a widely recognized contributor to global declines in sturgeon populations yet habitat remediation has been limited for this highly endangered group of fish. In support of future sturgeon restoration efforts, this review examines habitat remediation needs and uncertainties. Consideration of the bio‐spatial scale of remediation identified needs ranging from local to the whole river ...