Jump to Main Content
- Forsythe, P. S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 314-321
- Acipenser fulvescens; Orconectes; acclimation; aquatic habitat; body size; crayfish; eggs; gravel; predators; river water; rivers; sand; spawning; surface area; tanks; temperature
- ... The density and size of benthic predators such as crayfish and the physical characteristics of aquatic habitats including benthic substrate size have been hypothesized to significantly affect levels of lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) egg consumption. The invasive rusty crayfish (Orconectes rusticus) was used to quantify consumption and apportion variation in egg loss in an experimental settin ...
- Forsythe, P. S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 322-330
- Acipenser fulvescens; Ambloplites rupestris; Micropterus dolomieu; Notropis atherinoides; Orconectes; adults; crayfish; fiberglass; gravel; habitats; indigenous species; mortality; predation; predators; sand; sturgeon
- ... The objective was to investigate the effects of two native fish predators (adult rock bass Ambloplites rupestris, and smallmouth bass Micropterus dolomieue) and an invasive benthic crayfish (Orconectes rusticus) on habitat choice and survival of hatchery‐reared age‐0 lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens). Three length‐classes (mean total length ± 1 SD) of 68.4 ± 12.7 cm, 85.9 ± 15.0, and 111.6 ± 15 ...