Jump to Main Content
- Lueangsakulthai, J.; Jangpromma, N.; Temsiripong, T.; McKendrick, J.E.; Khunkitti, W.; Maddocks, S.E.; Klaynongsruang, S.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 819-831
- Crocodylus siamensis; DNA damage; Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antimicrobial peptides; beta-galactosidase; cytoplasm; death; fluorescence microscopy; gene expression; gene expression regulation; hemoglobin; homeostasis; hydrolysates; hydrophobicity; ions; iron; oxidative stress; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; siderophores
- ... AIMS: A novel antibacterial peptide from Crocodylus siamensis haemoglobin hydrolysate (CHH) was characterized for antimicrobial activity. METHODS AND RESULTS: CHHs were hydrolysed for 2 h (2 h‐CHH), 4 h (4h‐CHH), 6 h (6 h‐CHH) and 8 h (8 h‐CHH). The 8 h‐CHH showed antibacterial activity against Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa at concentrati ...
- Gekenidis, M.‐T.; Gossin, D.; Schmelcher, M.; Schöner, U.; Remus‐Emsermann, M.N.P.; Drissner, D.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 916-932
- Bacillus cereus; Enterobacter; Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas; bacteria; bacterial communities; basil; fresh herbs; growing season; irrigation water; marjoram; organic fertilizers; public water supply; soil; thyme
- ... AIM: Investigate dynamics of culturable mesophilic bacteria and selected food‐contaminating bacteria from three herbs and their production environment. METHODS AND RESULTS: Marjoram, basil and thyme were investigated during one growing season by sampling plants, organic fertilizers, soil, irrigation water and marketed products. Mesophilic bacteria and selected food‐contaminating bacteria (Escheric ...