Jump to Main Content
- Lueangsakulthai, J.; Jangpromma, N.; Temsiripong, T.; McKendrick, J.E.; Khunkitti, W.; Maddocks, S.E.; Klaynongsruang, S.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 819-831
- Crocodylus siamensis; DNA damage; Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antimicrobial peptides; beta-galactosidase; cytoplasm; death; fluorescence microscopy; gene expression; gene expression regulation; hemoglobin; homeostasis; hydrolysates; hydrophobicity; ions; iron; oxidative stress; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; siderophores
- ... AIMS: A novel antibacterial peptide from Crocodylus siamensis haemoglobin hydrolysate (CHH) was characterized for antimicrobial activity. METHODS AND RESULTS: CHHs were hydrolysed for 2 h (2 h‐CHH), 4 h (4h‐CHH), 6 h (6 h‐CHH) and 8 h (8 h‐CHH). The 8 h‐CHH showed antibacterial activity against Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa at concentrati ...
- Ghaderi, L.; Moghimi, R.; Aliahmadi, A.; McClements, D.J.; Rafati, H.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 832-840
- Haemophilus influenzae; Ostwald ripening; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Streptococcus pneumoniae; Thymus daenensis; antibacterial properties; bacteria; emulsifying; essential oils; headspace analysis; infectious diseases; medicinal plants; minimum inhibitory concentration; nanoemulsions; oils; pneumonia; polysorbates; separation; surfactants; thymol; traditional medicine; vapor pressure; vapors; water solubility
- ... AIMS: Thymol‐rich medicinal plants have been used in traditional medicine to relieve infectious diseases. However, the application of essential oils as medicine is limited by its low water solubility and high vapour pressure. The objective of this study was to produce stable nanoemulsions of Thymus daenensis oil in water by preventing Ostwald ripening and phase separation. METHODS AND RESULTS: The ...