Jump to Main Content
- Vuotto, C.; Longo, F.; Pascolini, C.; Donelli, G.; Balice, M.P.; Libori, M.F.; Tiracchia, V.; Salvia, A.; Varaldo, P.E.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 1003-1018
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; agar; antibiotic resistance; biofilm; carbapenems; fimbriae; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; multiple drug resistance; mutation; pathogens; phenotype; plankton; porins; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; quorum sensing; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transporters; virulence
- ... AIMS: Multidrug‐resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae has become a relevant healthcare‐associated pathogen. Capsule, type 1 and 3 fimbriae (mrkA gene), type 2 quorum‐sensing system (luxS), synthesis of D‐galactan I (wbbM), LPS transport (wzm) and poly‐beta‐1,6‐N‐acetyl‐D‐glucosamine (pgaA) seem involved in K. pneumoniae biofilm. Nonenzymatic antibiotic resistance is related to nonexpression or mutation ...
- Ferreira, S.; Oleastro, M.; Domingues, F.C.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 1019-1026
- Arcobacter; agar; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; cefotaxime; cheese ripening; cheeses; dairies; erythromycin; food contamination; foods; genetic variation; genotyping; gentamicin; health hazards; nalidixic acid; polymerase chain reaction
- ... AIMS: The aim of this study was to evaluate the occurrence, diversity and resistance to antibiotics of Arcobacter sp. in a dairy plant samples. METHODS AND RESULTS: A total of 75 samples from dairy plant surfaces and materials and several food products collected in different steps of the cheese production process were analysed by culture, under aerobic and microaerobic atmospheric conditions, and ...