Jump to Main Content
- De Cesare, A.; Parisi, A.; Giacometti, F.; Serraino, A.; Piva, S.; Caruso, M.; De Santis, E.P.L.; Manfreda, G.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2016 v.120 no.1 pp. 165-174
- Arcobacter butzleri, etc ; alleles; cheeses; dairies; data collection; genotype; linkage disequilibrium; multilocus sequence typing; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; raw milk; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... AIMS: The present study aimed to determine, by multilocus sequence type (MLST), the heterogeneity level of Arcobacter butzleri isolates and to compare MLST and pulsed‐field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) in terms of discriminatory power (DI) as well as unidirectional and bi‐directional concordance. METHODS AND RESULTS: Arcobacter butzleri isolates (N = 133) from dairy products and environmental sample ...
- Park, E.; Mancl, K.M.; Tuovinen, O.H.; Bisesi, M.S.; Lee, J.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2016 v.121 no.6 pp. 1777-1788
- Arcobacter, etc ; Campylobacter; Clostridium perfringens; Protozoa; Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli; antibiotic resistance; autumn; bacteria; biofilters; biofiltration; chlorination; coliphages; crops; disinfection; effluents; genes; landscapes; microbial contamination; pathogens; peat; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; soil; spring; sprinkler irrigation; summer; tetracycline; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water reuse; winter; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... AIMS: A batch chlorination system was optimized for on‐site wastewater treatment and reuse system (OWRS) and its efficiency was evaluated for reducing viruses, protozoa, bacteria and antimicrobial resistance in cold and warm seasons. METHODS AND RESULTS: The OWRS performance in reducing microbial contaminants was determined by assessing three different faecal indicators (Escherichia coli, F‐specif ...