Jump to Main Content
- Kesik, M.; Blagodatsky, S.; Papen, H.; Butterbach-Bahl, K.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2006 v.101 no.3 pp. 655-667
- carbon dioxide, etc ; Alcaligenes faecalis; Paracoccus pantotrophus; citrates; environmental factors; gases; microorganisms; models; nitric oxide; nitrous oxide; pH; soil; temperature; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... To study the effect of pH, temperature and substrate on the magnitude of N₂O and NO production by heterotrophic nitrifiers. The change in N₂O and NO production by the heterotrophic nitrifiers Alcaligenes faecalis subsp. parafaecalis and Paracoccus pantotrophus because of variations in pH, temperature and substrate was studied in chemostat cultures under steady-state conditions. N₂O, NO and CO₂ pro ...
- May, B.A.; VanderGheynst, J.S.; Rumsey, T.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2006 v.101 no.4 pp. 807-814
- carbon dioxide, etc ; Culicidae; DNA; Lagenidium giganteum; biomass; commercialization; logit analysis; metabolism; models; prediction; production technology; shelf life; specific growth rate; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Production of the mosquito biolarvacide Lagenidium giganteum in solid culture has been proposed as an economic alternative to production in liquid culture because of observations of improved shelf life and efficacy upon storage. Understanding the differences between these production systems and estimating growth rate in solid culture are important for commercialization. In order to address these n ...