Jump to Main Content
- Tozzoli, R.; Di Bartolo, I.; Gigliucci, F.; Brambilla, G.; Monini, M.; Vignolo, E.; Caprioli, A.; Morabito, S.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2017 v.122 no.1 pp. 239-247
- enteroinvasive Escherichia coli, etc ; Rotavirus; genes; pig manure; Orthohepevirus A; risk; viruses; nucleic acids; screening; food chain; virulence; humans; biosolids; Norovirus; swine; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; sewage sludge; topsoil; genomics; Adenoviridae; Italy; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... AIMS: To investigate the presence of genomic traits associated with a set of enteric viruses as well as pathogenic Escherichia coli in top soil improvers (TSI) from Italy. METHODS AND RESULTS: Twenty‐four TSI samples originating from municipal sewage sludges, pig manure, green and household wastes were analysed by real time PCR for the presence of hepatitis E virus (HEV), porcine and human adenovi ...
- Pavlovic, M.; Luze, A.; Konrad, R.; Berger, A.; Sing, A.; Busch, U.; Huber, I.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2011 v.110 no.5 pp. 1245-1251
- enteroinvasive Escherichia coli, etc ; Shigella; beta-glucuronidase; genes; lactose; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Aims: The aim of this study was to develop a real-time PCR test for differentiation between Shigella spp. and E. coli, in particular enteroinvasive Escherichia coli (EIEC). Methods and Results: A duplex real-time PCR specific for the genes encoding for β-glucuronidase (uidA) and lactose permease (lacY) was developed. Ninety-six isolates including 11 EIEC isolates of different serotypes and at leas ...