Jump to Main Content
- Al‐Sadi, A.M.; Al‐Mazroui, S.S.; Phillips, A.J.L.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2015 v.119 no.2 pp. 500-509
- Zygomycota, etc ; Chytridiomycota; baiting; carrots; cotyledons; cucumbers; fungi; internal transcribed spacers; organic fertilizers; population density; potatoes; radishes; ribosomal RNA; seeds; sequence analysis; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... AIMS: Potting media and organic fertilizers (OFs) are commonly used in agricultural systems. However, there is a lack of studies on the efficiency of culture‐based techniques in assessing the level of fungal diversity in these products. A study was conducted to investigate the efficiency of seven culture‐based techniques and pyrosequencing for characterizing fungal diversity in potting media and O ...
- Singh, A.K.; Singh, M.; Dubey, S.K.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2014 v.117 no.3 pp. 750-765
- Zygomycota, etc ; Bacillus thuringiensis; Basidiomycota; Sordariomycetes; clones; commercialization; community structure; crop losses; crop yield; eggplants; functional diversity; fungal communities; fungi; genes; genetic engineering; insect pests; internal transcribed spacers; phylogeny; population size; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; soil; soil fertility; transgenic plants; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... AIMS: The objective of this study was to investigate the influence of Cry1Ac gene expressing brinjal (VRBT‐8) on the rhizospheric fungal community structure. METHODS AND RESULTS: qPCR indicated variations in the fungal ITS rRNA copy numbers of non‐Bt (1·43–4·43) × 10⁹ g⁻¹dws and Bt (1·43–3·32) × 10⁹ g⁻¹dws plots. Phylogenetic analysis of ITS rRNA clones indicated fungal‐related group majority of b ...