Jump to Main Content
- Morgan, J.A.W., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2006 v.100 no.6 pp. 1194-1207
- Phytophthora cryptogea; Pythium aphanidermatum; bacteria; bacterial communities; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; disease control; genes; hydroponics; nutrient solutions; plant pathogens; ribosomal RNA; roots; tomatoes
- ... To determine the spread of different oomycete pathogens in hydroponic, soilless tomato growing systems and their impact on established microbial communities, as baseline studies prior to future introduction of microbial inoculants for disease suppression. The oomycete pathogens, Pythium group F, Pythium aphanidermatum and Phytophthora cryptogea, were introduced into small-scale recirculating tomat ...
- Morgan, J.A.W., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 1997 v.83 no.6 pp. 665-670
- Photorhabdus luminescens; Xenorhabdus nematophila; biological control; genes; kanamycin; microorganisms; population dynamics; river water; soil
- ... Strains of Xenorhabdus nematophilus and Photorhabdus luminescens were genetically marked with kanamycin resistance and the xylE gene to aid their detection in water and soil. Following release in river water, cells declined to undetectable levels in 6 d. In sterile river water, this decline was enhanced with cells detectable for only 2 d. In sterile Milli-Q purified water, the decline was slower t ...