Jump to Main Content
- Tao, Ran; Bair, Robert; Lakaniemi, Aino-Maija; van Hullebusch, Eric D.; Rintala, Jukka A.
- Journal of applied phycology 2020 v.32 no.1 pp. 221-231
- Scenedesmus; Tetradesmus; ammonium; biomass; experimental design; iron; microalgae; models; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen compounds; photobioreactors; sulfur
- ... The aim of this study was to determine the combined effects of iron and sulfur on microalgal biomass concentration and removal efficiency of nitrogenous compounds using factorial design. Scenedesmus acuminatus (currently accepted name Tetradesmus lagerheimii) was separately cultivated in batch photobioreactors using modified N-8 media with two nitrogen sources, nitrate, and ammonium. To study the ...
- Satoh, Yuhi; Wada, Shigeki
- Journal of applied phycology 2020 v.32 no.1 pp. 519-527
- Ecklonia; algae; bacteria; biogeochemical cycles; biomarkers; coasts; fatty acid composition; fucose; iodine; odd chain fatty acids; seasonal variation; Japan
- ... Brown algal species are among the most efficient iodine accumulators and thus heavily influence the biogeochemical cycling of iodine in coastal environments. Previously, we reported seasonal variability in iodine concentrations in the brown alga Ecklonia cava collected from the Japanese coast over a 2-year period. In this study, we sought to identify the factors controlling this observed variabili ...