Jump to Main Content
- Imbs, Tatiana I., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2015 v.27 no.1 pp. 545-553
- Fucus evanescens; antioxidant activity; calcium chloride; chromatography; free radical scavengers; polyphenols; polysaccharides; uronic acids
- ... The fucose-containing sulfated polysaccharides (FCSPs) from Fucus evanescens were obtained via different procedures: by hot acidic extraction and with aqueous calcium chloride solution, followed by separation FCSPs using anion-exchanging chromatography. Chemical characteristics of these polysaccharide fractions were determined. It was shown that extraction with aqueous calcium chloride solution pr ...
- Imbs, Tatiana I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2010 v.22 no.1 pp. 79-86
- Undaria pinnatifida; esters; fractionation; fucoidan; fucose; galactose; juveniles; mannose; mass spectrometry; mature plants; molecular weight; oligosaccharides; sulfates; Russia; Sea of Japan
- ... Crude fucoidan was extracted from the brown alga Undaria pinnatifida collected monthly from April to last July in Peter the Great Bay (Japan Sea, Russia). The amount of crude fucoidan rose markedly from April to June-July (from 3.2 to 16.0% dry weight) as the plant matures. An analysis of the monosaccharide composition of the fucoidan extracted showed that the alga synthesized polysaccharides with ...