Jump to Main Content
- Agapiou, Athos
- Journal of archaeological science: Reports 2017 v.14 pp. 792-799
- archaeology; data collection; equations; image analysis; remote sensing; spectral analysis; vegetation
- ... Spectral variations of vegetation, known as crop marks, have been widely used for archaeological research as a proxy to detect buried archaeological remains. Such marks can be recognized using space-borne data and image analysis techniques supported by the existing archaeological knowledge of the area under study. Orthogonal equations for the enhancement and detection of crop marks using multispec ...
- Cuca, Branka; Hadjimitsis, Diofantos G.
- Journal of archaeological science: Reports 2017 v.14 pp. 727-733
- aerospace technology; archaeology; cultural heritage; cultural landscape; issues and policy; monitoring; professionals; remote sensing; satellites; students
- ... A wide range of satellite sensors that provide potentially useful imagery for digital documentation, mapping and monitoring of archaeological sites and cultural landscapes. Although some satellites have stopped acquiring new data, their archived satellite imagery can still be accessed, downloaded and exploited for monitoring of changes and therefore useful for research domain of archaeology and cu ...