Jump to Main Content
- de Groot, Beatrijs; Thissen, Laurens; Özbal, Rana; Gerritsen, Fokke
- Journal of archaeological science: Reports 2017 v.16 pp. 542-552
- archaeology; boiling; calcite; case studies; ceramics; clay; cooking; thermal properties; Marmara Sea; Turkey (country)
- ... This article investigates the process of Neolithisation of the eastern Marmara region of north-west Anatolia by discussing the results of a pilot study to define the development of the clay preparation methods of the first ceramics at Barcın Höyük. We used petrographic analysis on a sample of sherds (n=34) from Neolithic levels (c. 6600–6200cal. BC) at the site, and compared our findings with the ...
- Alberti, Gianmarco
- Journal of archaeological science: Reports 2017 v.11 pp. 310-329
- archaeology; case studies; ceramics; food consumption; households; human settlements; inventories; multivariate analysis; social structure; socioeconomics; Aeolian Islands; Sicily
- ... Settlement and social organization in Middle Bronze Age Sicily (ca 1490–1250BCE) have received scant attention compared to that devoted to broader cultural processes during the same period. In spite of some limitations, this work aims at filling the gap building on published evidence from Capo Milazzese settlement (Aeolian Archipelago, north-eastern Sicily), which is taken as case study. On the ba ...