Jump to Main Content
- Hernandez, Jorge Ariel; Pérez, Daniel Roberto; Busso, Carlos Alberto
- Journal of arid environments 2020 v.179 pp. 104175
- Larrea divaricata; abrasives; arid lands; direct seeding; ecological restoration; ecosystems; environmental degradation; indigenous species; mechanical methods; seed dormancy; seed germination; seed scarification; seeds; shrubs; Argentina
- ... Knowledge of pre-germination seed treatments is critical for ecological restoration practices such as outplantings or direct seeding. However, in drylands, there is a lack of this kind of information about some species with high potential value for ecological restoration. This is the case of Larrea divaricata Cav., a native species that is dominant and can grow in degraded environments to the Mont ...
- Carmona-Crocco, Julieta; Rolhauser, Andrés G.; Pucheta, Eduardo
- Journal of arid environments 2020 v.179 pp. 104178
- Amaranthus; Bulnesia retama; Gomphrena; Larrea divaricata; Tribulus terrestris; annuals; germination; seeds; shrubs; stress tolerance; summer; Argentina
- ... Functional traits have been linked to relevant vital rates across co-occurring species, such as growth and survival. However, the relationship between plant traits and germination has been much less studied, despite that germination can be a key transition for plants. Building on evolutionary theory, we propose that variation in germination fraction across co-occurring desert annual plants may res ...