Jump to Main Content
- Torres, Romina C.; Renison, Daniel
- Journal of arid environments 2017 v.147 pp. 125-132
- adults; dry environmental conditions; dry forests; fires; forest restoration; germination; grazing; greenhouse production; humans; livestock; montane forests; progeny; reproduction; resource allocation; saplings; seedling growth; soil; Argentina
- ... Regeneration by seed is scarce in seasonally dry mountain forests; in these areas, shrub-grass patches intermingled with remnant trees are widespread due to anthropogenic fires and post-fire livestock grazing. We hypothesized that progeny performance of remnant trees would be reduced due to soil loss, water limitation and damage to tree structures. We assessed the progeny performance of three tree ...
- Rodríguez Araujo, María Emilia; Pérez, Daniel Roberto; Bonvissuto, Griselda Luz
- Journal of arid environments 2017 v.147 pp. 159-162
- Prosopis; dry environmental conditions; exposure duration; germination; indigenous species; phytogeography; seedlings; shrubs; Argentina
- ... The Patagonian species of the genus Prosopis exhibit distinctive features such as their shrub growth pattern. However, morphological or physiological differences among them have been poorly studied (e.g., germination). Considering this lack of information, we studied five Prosopis species from two different phytogeographic provinces: Monte and Patagonia. Particularly, we focused on the southern ar ...