Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Ji-Liang; Li, Feng-Rui; Sun, Te-Sheng; Ma, Ling-Fa; Liu, Lu-Lu; Yang, Kun
- Journal of arid environments 2016 v.128 pp. 80-90
- herbaceous plants, etc ; Carabidae; Haloxylon ammodendron; Tamarix ramosissima; Tenebrionidae; arid zones; biomass; data collection; detritivores; dry environmental conditions; ecosystems; grasslands; herbivores; insect communities; land use change; plantations; predators; salinity; shrubs; soil pH; species diversity; structural equation modeling; texture; China; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The community dynamics of ground beetles as a dominant group in arid ecosystems are strongly affected by land-use change associated alterations in vegetation and soil conditions. However, little is known about the relative effects of altered vegetation and soil, or their interactions, on the composition and diversity of beetle functional groups. To address this question, we collected data on the s ...
- Su, Y.G.; Li, X.R.; Zheng, J.G.; Huang, G.
- Journal of arid environments 2009 v.73 no.10 pp. 931-936
- herbaceous plants, etc ; desert soils; soil crusts; xerophytes; shrubs; grasses; seed germination; China; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Biological soil crusts greatly affect soil surface properties, which, in turn, may alter seed germination of vascular plants. We investigated the effects of two types of biological soil crusts (moss crust and algal crust) at different ages on the seed germination of Bassia dasyphylla and Artemisia ordosica. We also investigated the effects of crust conditions (living crust and dead crust) on seed ...