Jump to Main Content
- Sullivan, T.P.; Sullivan, D.S.; Thistlewood, H.M.A.
- Journal of arid environments 2012 v.83 pp. 54-61
- herbaceous plants, etc ; Perognathus; apples; basins; biomass; edge effects; habitats; herbs; landscapes; mice; orchards; risk; shrubs; small mammals; species diversity; vegetation; British Columbia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... We investigated the influence of linear habitats, three types of hedgerows and two types of field margins, on the small mammal community within a semi-arid agricultural landscape in south-central British Columbia, Canada. We examined whether abundance, species richness, and species diversity of small mammals in tree fruit orchards differed from linear, edge habitats along orchard margins. Our five ...
- Tirado, C.; Cortés, A.; Miranda-Urbina, E.; Carretero, M.A.
- Journal of arid environments 2012 v.79 pp. 8-12
- herbaceous plants, etc ; Vicugna; carbohydrates; chinchillas; diet; feces; grasses; grazing; ground cover plants; herbivores; niches; plant adaptation; secondary metabolites; shrubs; vegetation; vicunas; Andes region; Chile; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The patterns of plant consumption and preference were assessed for three mammal herbivores, the rodents Abrocoma cinerea and Chinchilla brevicaudata, and the camelid Vicugna vicugna, co-occurring in the Andean Puna (Chile). The plant proportion in the diet estimated from faeces epidermic materials was compared to transect plant cover. Although the harsh climatic conditions constrained plant availa ...