Jump to Main Content
- Ratliff, Cameron, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 123-132
- Dendrocygna autumnalis; blood; blood cell counts; blood gases; blood sampling; captive animals; chemical species; ducks; electrolytes; fluid therapy; hematocrit; juveniles; osmolality; point-of-care systems
- ... Venous blood samples were collected from 129 apparently healthy, rehabilitated juvenile black-bellied whistling ducks (Dendrocygna autumnalis) immediately before release from rehabilitation. Blood gas, electrolyte, and select biochemical and hematologic values were analyzed by using a point-of-care analyzer, and complete blood cell counts and osmolality were determined. Most biochemical analyte va ...
- Ratliff, Cameron M., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2017 v.31 no.1 pp. 29-32
- Rhode Island Red; amikacin; blood; bones; calipers; catheters; cellulitis; feet; flunixin; intravenous injection; lameness; nephrotoxicity; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents; protein content; radiography; roosters; surface temperature; therapeutics; thermometers
- ... A 2-year-old, 3.8-kg male Rhode Island red rooster was examined for lameness and progressive swelling of the right foot of several month's duration. Radiographs of the right foot demonstrated soft tissue swelling and a smoothly marginated periosteal reaction evident of inflammation affecting the bones. Results of a complete blood count showed a moderate leukocytosis and an elevated total protein c ...