Jump to Main Content
- Mullins, Michael A.; Register, Karen B.; Bayles, Darrell O.; Loving, Crystal L.; Nicholson, Tracy L.; Brockmeier, Susan L.; Dyer, David W.; Phillips, Gregory J.
- Journal of bacteriology 2009 v.191 no.19 pp. 5988
- Haemophilus parasuis; bacterial proteins; outer membrane proteins; genes; nucleotide sequences; amino acid sequences; open reading frames; alleles; bacterial antigens; epitopes; gene expression; messenger RNA
- ... Haemophilus parasuis is a swine pathogen of significant industry concern, but little is known about how the organism causes disease. A related human pathogen, Haemophilus influenzae, has been better studied, and many of its virulence factors have been identified. Two of these, outer membrane proteins P2 and P5, are known to have important virulence properties. The goals of this study were to ident ...
- PubMed Central:
- Fricke, W. Florian; Welch, Timothy J.; McDermott, Patrick F.; Mammel, Mark K.; LeClerc, J. Eugene; White, David G.; Cebula, Thomas A.; Ravel, Jacques
- Journal of bacteriology 2009 v.191 no.15 pp. 4750
- Aeromonas hydrophila; animal pathogenic bacteria; fish diseases; Escherichia coli; plasmids; nucleotide sequences; genomics; molecular genetics; multiple drug resistance; evolution; operon; conjugation
- ... Multidrug resistance (MDR) plasmids belonging to the IncA/C plasmid family are widely distributed among Salmonella and other enterobacterial isolates from agricultural sources and have, at least once, also been identified in a drug-resistant Yersinia pestis isolate (IP275) from Madagascar. Here, we present the complete plasmid sequences of the IncA/C reference plasmid pRA1 (143,963 bp), isolated i ...
- PubMed Central: