Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: foltz?
- Folta, Kevin M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of berry research 2013 v.3 no.3 pp. 135-149
- Fragaria; callus culture; cultivars; diploidy; environmental factors; flow cytometry; genotype; mixoploidy; petioles; pollen; shoots; strawberries; tetraploidy; tissue culture
- ... BACKGROUND: Strawberry (Fragaria spp.) is prone to natural polyploidization. Strawberry shoots regenerated through tissue culture callus may exhibit variations in ploidy. Rapid and accurate ploidy estimation is important for basic research as well as cultivar improvement. OBJECTIVES: Ploidy-measurement methods are well established in strawberry and other plants. The objective of this work was to d ...
- Folta, Kevin M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of berry research 2012 v.2 no.1 pp. 45-61
- attitudes and opinions; breeding; consumer preferences; demographic statistics; education; fruit crops; fruit quality; fruits; gender; humans; marital status; marketing; nationalities and ethnic groups; strawberries; sweetness; texture; United States
- ... While hands-on, focus-group-based testing may be used to measure consumer preference, other computationally-based methods have also proven effective in testing opinions and sentiment toward a product. The IdeaMap® approach presents online, human subjects with a suite of attributes that define a given product. The subjects rate the product as these attributes change in various combinatio ...