Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Dima; Cheng, Junhui; Chu, Pengfei; Mi, Jia; Hu, Shuijin; Xie, Yichun; Tuvshintogtokh, Indree; Bai, Yongfei
- Journal of biogeography 2016 v.43 no.5 pp. 955-966
- Nematoda; biomass; climate; climate change; correlation; edaphic factors; grasslands; plant parasitic nematodes; plateaus; scanning electron microscopy; soil; soil nematodes; soil resources; species diversity; structural equation modeling
- ... AIM: To assess how the diversity of above‐ and below‐ground organisms changes along environmental gradients at the regional scale and whether the effects of diversity changes on biomass are similar for above‐ and below‐ground organisms. LOCATION: Semi‐arid grasslands of the Mongolian Plateau. METHODS: We investigated diversity (α‐, β‐ and γ‐) and biomass of plant and soil nematodes as well as envi ...
- Huntley, Brian; Collingham, Yvonne C.; Singarayer, Joy S.; Valdes, Paul J.; Barnard, Phoebe; Midgley, Guy F.; Altwegg, Res; Ohlemüller, Ralf
- Journal of biogeography 2016 v.43 no.5 pp. 874-886
- General Circulation Models; birds; breeding; climate; correlation; ecosystems; extinction; indigenous species; paleoclimatology; risk; species diversity; Lesotho; South Africa; Swaziland
- ... AIM: Test hypotheses that present biodiversity and endemic species richness are related to climatic stability and/or biome persistence. LOCATION: Africa south of 15° S. METHODS: Seventy eight HadCM3 general circulation model palaeoclimate experiments spanning the last 140,000 years, plus a pre‐industrial experiment, were used to calculate measures of climatic variability for 0.5° grid cells. Model ...