Jump to Main Content
- Rocha, Luiz A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2016 v.43 no.6 pp. 1103-1115
- Coris; alleles; cytochrome-c oxidase; fauna; fish; gene flow; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; haplotypes; hybrids; introns; larvae; mitochondrial DNA; phylogeography; population structure; sea level; secondary contact; variance; Indian Ocean; Pacific Ocean; Red Sea
- ... AIM: The aim of this study was to resolve the evolutionary history, biogeographical barriers and population histories for sister species of wrasses, the African Coris (Coris cuvieri) in the Indian Ocean and Red Sea, and the Yellowtail Coris (Coris gaimard) in the Pacific Ocean. Glacial sea level fluctuations during the Pleistocene have shaped the evolutionary trajectories of Indo‐Pacific marine fa ...
- Rocha, Luiz A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2016 v.43 no.6 pp. 1116-1129
- Chaetodon; cytochrome b; ecoregions; fish; genetic variation; haplotypes; indigenous species; microsatellite repeats; mitochondrial DNA; phylogeny; phylogeography; population growth; population structure; sea level; French Polynesia; Hawaii (island); Indian Ocean; Pacific Ocean; Red Sea
- ... AIM: This study compares the phylogeography, population structure and evolution of four butterflyfish species in the Chaetodon subgenus Corallochaetodon, with two widespread species (Indian Ocean – C. trifasciatus and Pacific Ocean – C. lunulatus), and two species that are largely restricted to the Red Sea (C. austriacus) and north‐western (NW) Indian Ocean (C. melapterus). Through extensive geogr ...