Jump to Main Content
- Munari, Cristina; Mistri, Michele
- Journal of biogeography 2008 v.35 no.9 pp. 1622-1637
- fauna; Crustacea; ecoregions; linear models; benthic organisms; data collection; Mollusca; habitats; regression analysis; latitude; species diversity; Annelida; climatic factors; biogeography; macroinvertebrates
- ... For conservation purposes, it is important to understand the forces that shape biodiversity in transitional waters (TWs) and to evaluate the effects of small-scale latitudinal changes. To this end, we analysed data on soft-sediment macroinvertebrates from nine Italian TWs in order to (1) investigate the structure and distribution of the benthic fauna and their relationships with environmental and ...
- Connell, Sean D.; Irving, Andrew D.
- Journal of biogeography 2008 v.35 no.9 pp. 1608-1621
- biogeography; case studies; coasts; forests; habitats; herbivores; landscapes; latitude; longitude; managers; natural resource management; researchers; water pollution; Australia
- ... We aimed to redress a current limitation of local ecological studies (i.e. piecemeal information on specific taxa) by integrating existing ecological knowledge with quantifiable patterns in primary habitat (i.e. composition, distribution and cover) from local to continental scales. By achieving this aim, we sought to provide a biogeographical framework for the interpretation of variation in the ec ...