Jump to Main Content
- Munari, Cristina; Mistri, Michele
- Journal of biogeography 2008 v.35 no.9 pp. 1622-1637
- fauna; Crustacea; ecoregions; linear models; benthic organisms; data collection; Mollusca; habitats; regression analysis; latitude; species diversity; Annelida; climatic factors; biogeography; macroinvertebrates
- ... For conservation purposes, it is important to understand the forces that shape biodiversity in transitional waters (TWs) and to evaluate the effects of small-scale latitudinal changes. To this end, we analysed data on soft-sediment macroinvertebrates from nine Italian TWs in order to (1) investigate the structure and distribution of the benthic fauna and their relationships with environmental and ...
- Blanchette, Carol A.; Melissa Miner, C.; Raimondi, Peter T.; Lohse, David; Heady, Kristen E.K.; Broitman, Bernardo R.
- Journal of biogeography 2008 v.35 no.9 pp. 1593-1607
- biogeography; cluster analysis; community structure; environmental factors; species diversity; surface temperature; Mexico; United States
- ... Our aim in this paper is to present the first broad-scale quantification of species abundance for rocky intertidal communities along the Pacific coast of North America. Here we examine the community-level marine biogeographical patterns in the context of formerly described biogeographical regions, and we evaluate the combined effects of geographical distance and environmental conditions on pattern ...