Jump to Main Content
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2018 v.45 no.6 pp. 1223-1230
- Bayesian theory; DNA; biogeography; ecology; fossils; models; space and time
- ... Linking pattern to process across spatial and temporal scales has been a key goal of the field of biogeography. In January 2017, the 8th biennial conference of the International Biogeography Society sponsored a symposium on Building up biogeography—process to pattern that aimed to review progress towards this goal. Here we present a summary of the symposium, in which we identified promising areas ...
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2014 v.41 no.10 pp. 1833-1847
- Cheirogaleidae; Lemuridae; body size; diet; dwarfing; fecundity; habitats; life history; models; ontogeny; phylogeny; plant exudates; pregnancy; regression analysis; resting periods; Madagascar
- ... AIM: Small body size in Madagascar's dwarf and mouse lemurs (Cheirogaleidae) is generally viewed as primitive. We investigated the evolution of body size in this family and in its sister‐taxon, the Lepilemuridae, from phylogenetic, ontogenetic and adaptive perspectives. LOCATION: Madagascar. METHODS: We used a phylogenetic method to reconstruct the evolution of body size in lemurs, and allometric ...