Jump to Main Content
- Boer, Matthias M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2015 v.42 no.11 pp. 2234-2245
- biogeography; climate; fire regime; fire weather; fires; fuel loading; fuels; land management; prescribed burning; rain; risk; Australia
- ... AIM: Prescribed fire is a common land management for reducing risks from unplanned fires. However, the universality of such effectiveness remains uncertain due to biogeographical variation in fuel types, climatic influences and fire regimes. Here, we explore biogeographical patterns in the effectiveness of prescribed fire by calculating leverage (the reduction in unplanned area burnt resulting fro ...
- Boer, Matthias M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2011 v.38 no.1 pp. 112-124
- databases; fire fighting; fire spread; fuel loading; lakes; landscapes; probability distribution; shrublands; shrubs; wildfires; woodlands; Australia
- ... Aim The aim of this study was to determine how spatial variation in vegetation type and landscape connectivity influence fire intervals in a semi‐arid landscape with low relief and complex mosaics of woodland and shrubland vegetation. Location Our study focused on a 15,500‐km² area of relatively undisturbed and unmanaged land in south‐western Australia, referred to as the Lake Johnston region. Met ...