Jump to Main Content
- Spear, Dian, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of biogeography 2008 v.35 no.11 pp. 1962-1975
- databases; homogenization; human population; linear models; livestock; sales; social factors; species diversity; ungulates; zoos; South Africa
- ... The aim of this paper is to examine taxonomic homogenization in ungulates globally and at the local scale in South Africa. Specifically, we aim to examine the roles of distance, scale, time, extinctions vs. introductions, and extralimital vs. extraregional introductions in the homogenization of ungulate biotas, and to determine pathways of introduction of ungulate species globally and the proximat ...
- Spear, Dian, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2010 v.37 no.2 pp. 217-228
- databases; homogenization; indigenous species; insects; islands; vascular plants
- ... To investigate taxonomic homogenization and/or differentiation of insect and vascular plant assemblages across the Southern Ocean Islands (SOI), and how they differ with changing spatial extent and taxonomic resolution. Twenty-two islands located across the Southern Ocean, further subdivided into five island biogeographical provinces. These islands are used because comprehensive data on both indig ...