Jump to Main Content
- Kovačević, Gordana; Ostafe, Raluca; Balaž, Ana Marija; Fischer, Rainer; Prodanović, Radivoje
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2019 v.127 no.1 pp. 30-37
- DNA libraries; biosensors; catalytic activity; directed evolution; enzymatic reactions; enzyme activity; flow cytometry; fluorescence; fluorescent labeling; glucose oxidase; green fluorescent protein; industry; microbial fuel cells; mutants; protein synthesis; screening; yeasts
- ... Glucose oxidase (GOx) mutants with higher activity or stability have important role in industry and in the development of biosensors and biofuel cells. Discovering these mutants can be time-consuming if appropriate high-throughput screening (HTS) systems are not available. GOx gene libraries were successfully screened and sorted using a HTS system based on GOx activity dependent fluorescent labeli ...
- Zeng, Yan; Zheng, Hongchen; Shen, Yingying; Xu, Jianyong; Tan, Ming; Liu, Fang; Song, Hui
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2019 v.127 no.1 pp. 8-15
- Anoxybacillus; alanine; arginine; calorimetry; carbohydrate binding; catalytic activity; glutamic acid; kinetics; leucine; maltotriose; mutants; pullulan; pullulanase; serine; surface plasmon resonance; titration
- ... Carbohydrate binding module (CBM) as a kind of non-catalytic domain has significant effects on the substrate binding and catalytic properties of glycoside hydrolases. CBM68 of an Anoxybacillus sp. pullulanase (PulA) was identified as a new type of CBM in our previous studies. Then, four key substrate binding amino acid residues (Y14, V91, G92, and R96) were obtained by alanine substitutions in thi ...