Jump to Main Content
- Hou, Qianqian; He, Qiang; Liu, Gengliang; Lu, Xinyao; Zong, Hong; Chen, Wenqiang; Zhuge, Bin
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2019 v.128 no.1 pp. 8-12
- Candida; Rhizopus oryzae; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; binding sites; fluorescence; genes; lactate dehydrogenase; lactic acid; pH; yeasts
- ... Bioproduction of organic acids under low pH condition without adding inducer and neutralizer is an economical craft to decrease downstream cost. Candida glycerinogenes had higher tolerances to low pH and lactic acid than Saccharomyces cerevisiae. QRT-PCR analysis showed that four of fifteen candidates functioned as potentially acid-inducible promoters in C. glycerinogenes. In particular, PCggmt1 s ...
- Fukuoka, Hirotaka; Kawase, Takato; Oku, Masahide; Yurimoto, Hiroya; Sakai, Yasuyoshi; Hayakawa, Takashi; Nakagawa, Tomoyuki
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2019 v.128 no.1 pp. 33-38
- Calvin cycle; Pichia pastoris; carbon; fructose-bisphosphate aldolase; gene expression; genes; methanol; pentose phosphate cycle; peroxisomes; transaldolase; transketolase; xylulose; yeasts
- ... In this work, we analyzed several genes participating in the rearrangement pathway for xylulose 5-phosphate (Xu5P) in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris (syn. Komagataella phaffii). P. pastoris has two set of genes for fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA1 and FBA2) and transaldolase (TAL1 and TAL2), although there are single-copy genes for fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (FBP1) and transketo ...