Jump to Main Content
- Ishii, Yuri; Akasaka, Naoki; Sakoda, Hisao; Hidese, Ryota; Fujiwara, Shinsuke
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2018 v.125 no.1 pp. 67-75
- S-adenosylmethionine; acetic acid bacteria; amino acid metabolism; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; carbon; gene expression; genes; homeostasis; leucine; metabolites; mutants; regulatory proteins; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; spermidine; transcription factors; transporters
- ... The leucine responsive regulatory protein (Lrp) is a global transcription factor that regulates the expression of genes involved in amino acid metabolism. To identify metabolic pathways and related genes under the control of Lrp in the acetic acid bacterium Komagataeibacter europaeus, the Kelrp null mutant (KGMA7110), which requires supplementation of all 20 amino acids for normal growth, was cult ...
- Matsumoto, Shinya; Kawai, Yuto; Miyagawa, Satoshi; Iwamoto, Yuka; Okuda, Shujiro; Sánchez-Gorostiaga, Alicia; Vicente, Miguel; Tsuneda, Satoshi
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2018 v.125 no.1 pp. 15-22
- ABC transporters; DNA replication; Escherichia coli; anaerobiosis; antibiotics; bacteria; bacterial infections; biochemical pathways; cell division; dimethyl sulfoxide; fluorescence; gene expression regulation; genes; lactate dehydrogenase; nitrites; ofloxacin; renewable energy sources; transcription (genetics)
- ... Non-dividing persisters, bacteria that can survive in the presence of antibiotics by pausing their metabolic activity, are among the many causes of the refractory nature of bacterial infections. Here we constructed a recombinant Escherichia coli strain that enables to distinguish non-dividing from dividing cell based on Z-ring during cell division. Then, non-dividing cells and dividing cells were ...