Jump to Main Content
- Horiguchi, Ikki; Urabe, Yusuke; Kimura, Keiichi; Sakai, Yasuyuki
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2018 v.125 no.1 pp. 111-115
- cell growth; culture media; developmental stages; drugs; glucose; heparan sulfate; induced pluripotent stem cells; lactic acid; pH; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; screening; tissue engineering
- ... Pluripotent stem cells (PSCs) are one of the promising cell sources for tissue engineering and drug screening. However, mass production of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) is still developing. Especially, a huge amount of culture medium usage causes expensive cost in the mass production process. In this report, we reduced culture medium usage by extending interval of changing culture medium. ...
- Mitsukawa, Yuuki; Hibi, Makoto; Matsutani, Narihiro; Horinouchi, Nobuyuki; Takahashi, Satomi; Ogawa, Jun
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2018 v.125 no.1 pp. 38-45
- Agromyces; adenine; biotransformation; drugs; guanosine; hydrolysis; microorganisms; nucleic acids; raw materials
- ... Microorganisms were screened for transribosylation activity between 2′-O-methyluridine (2′-OMe-UR) and nucleobases, for the purpose of developing a biotransformation process to synthesize 2′-O-methylribonucleosides (2′-OMe-NRs), which are raw materials for nucleic acid drugs. An actinomycete, Agromyces sp. MM-1 was found to produce 2′-O-methyladenosine (2′-OMe-AR) when whole cells were used in a r ...