Jump to Main Content
- Utsunomia, Camila; Hori, Chiaki; Matsumoto, Ken'ichiro; Taguchi, Seiichi
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2017 v.124 no.6 pp. 635-640
- Escherichia coli; enzymes; gene expression regulation; genes; glucose; lactic acid; loss-of-function mutation; plasmids; polyhydroxyalkanoates; porins; screening; secretion; transporters
- ... d-Lactate (LA)-based oligomers (D-LAOs) are unusual oligoesters consisting of d-LA and d-3-hydroxybutyrate that are produced and secreted by engineered Escherichia coli grown on glucose. The cells heterologously express LA-polymerizing polyhydroxyalkanoate synthase and monomer-supplying enzymes. In this study, we attempted to identify the D-LAO secretion route in E. coli, which is thought to be me ...
- Zhang, Silai; Ban, Akihiko; Ebara, Naoki; Mizutani, Osamu; Tanaka, Mizuki; Shintani, Takahiro; Gomi, Katsuya
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 403-411
- Aspergillus nidulans; Aspergillus oryzae; Escherichia coli; carbon; fungi; genes; genomics; glucose; introns; kojic acid; mutants; plasmids; polymerase chain reaction; pyrithiamine; xylose
- ... In this study, we developed a self-excising Cre/loxP-mediated marker recycling system with mutated lox sequences to introduce a number of biosynthetic genes into Aspergillus oryzae. To construct the self-excising marker cassette, both the selectable marker, the Aspergillus nidulans adeA gene, and the Cre recombinase gene (cre), conditionally expressed by the xylanase-encoding gene promoter, were d ...