Jump to Main Content
- Katsuda, Tomohisa; Shiraishi, Hironori; Ishizu, Naoki; Ranjbar, Reza; Katoh, Shigeo
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2008 v.105 no.3 pp. 216-220
- Haematococcus pluvialis; astaxanthin; biosynthesis; cell culture; bioreactors; light intensity; blue light; lamps
- ... Flashing light from blue light emitting diodes is an effective method for the reduction of energy consumption in the bioproduction of astaxanthin by Haematococcus pluvialis. We investigated the effects of light intensity and frequency on the final astaxanthin concentration in bioproduction by H. pluvialis grown mixotrophically. The final astaxanthin concentration under illumination with flashing l ...
- Kouya, Tomoaki; Tobita, Kazuhiro; Horiuchi, Masahito; Nakayama, Eri; Deguchi, Hiroyoshi; Tanaka, Takaaki; Taniguchi, Masayuki
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2008 v.105 no.3 pp. 184-191
- Propionibacterium freudenreichii subsp. shermanii; cell culture; bioreactors; culture media; lactic acid; continuous systems; microfiltration; controllers
- ... Production of a bifidogenic growth stimulator (BGS) by Propionibacterium freudenreichii subsp. shermanii (Propionibacterium shermanii) using lactic acid as a carbon source was investigated using different cultivation methods. When a continuous bioreactor system with a filtration device was used at a dilution rate of 0.075 h⁻¹, the average BGS concentration was 2.4 mg/l, which corresponds to a BGS ...