Jump to Main Content
- Koyama, Yasuji, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2014 v.118 pp. 253-255
- Aspergillus sojae; cytoplasm; glutaminase; koji; proteinases; proteolysis; solid state culture
- ... AsGahB, a peptidoglutaminase–asparaginase acting as the main glutaminase in Aspergillus sojae, was previously purified from the cytoplasm of overexpressing strains. Here, we found that specific proteolytic digestion of AsGahB by extracellular proteases of koji molds is similar to that of AsGahA which exists in proteolytic form under solid-state culture. ...
- Koyama, Yasuji, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2015 v.119 no.1 pp. 92-94
- Aspergillus oryzae; Aspergillus sojae; Zygosaccharomyces rouxii; fermentation; gene expression; genes; proteinases; salt tolerance; soy sauce; yeasts
- ... Several key hydrolases in soy sauce fermentation such as proteases, peptidases, and glutaminases are supplied by Aspergillus sojae or Aspergillus oryzae. The genes encoding these hydrolases were successfully expressed in salt-tolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii. These transformants are expected to supply extra hydrolases during soy sauce fermentation process. ...