Jump to Main Content
- Scharf, Klaus-Dieter; Höhfeld, Ingo; Nover, Lutz
- Journal of biosciences 1998 v.23 no.4 pp. 313-329
- DNA-binding domains; amino acids; cell culture; clones; complementary DNA; cytoplasmic granules; gene expression; genes; heat; heat shock proteins; heat shock response; heat stress; helix-turn-helix motifs; mutants; oligomerization; peptides; physiological transport; protoplasts; tobacco; tomatoes; transcription factors; yeasts
- ... Expression of heat shock protein (HSP)-coding genes is controlled by heat stress transcription factors (Hsfs). They are structurally and functionally conserved throughout the eukaryotic kingdom. In addition to the DNA-binding domain with the helix-turn-helix motif essential for DNA recognition, three functional parts in the C-terminal activator domain were characterized: (i) the HR-A/B region is r ...
- Ray, Pritha; Lakhotia, S C
- Journal of biosciences 1998 v.23 no.4 pp. 377-386
- RNA; amides; death; genes; heat; heat shock proteins; mutation; pupae
- ... The93D orhsrω (hsr-omega) is an unusual non-protein-coding gene which shows a dynamic developmental expression in most cell types ofDrosophila melanogaster and which, besides being a member of the heat shock gene family, is uniquely induced in polytene cells by a variety of amides. We briefly review the various aspects of this gene's organization, regulation and inducible properties and present ou ...