Jump to Main Content
- Milhim, Mohammed; Hartz, Philip; Gerber, Adrian; Bernhardt, Rita
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.301 pp. 52-55
- Bacillus megaterium; biocatalysts; biotechnology; flavor; grapefruits; industry; ingredients; odors; oxidoreductases; sesquiterpenoids; smell
- ... (+)-Nootkatone is a natural ingredient that occurs in grapefruit and certain other plants and is responsible for the characteristic smell of grapefruit. Due to its versatile applications in the flavor and fragrance industry as well as its application in some medical uses it recruits the interests of academic research along with industrial biotechnology. In the current work we present the applicati ...
- Wang, Panpan; Zeng, Weizhu; Du, Guocheng; Zhou, Jingwen; Chen, Jian
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.301 pp. 24-34
- Bacillus megaterium; Ketogulonicigenium vulgare; ascorbic acid; fermentation; glucose; oxidoreductases; pH; sorbose; temperature
- ... 2-Keto-L-gulonic acid (2-KLG) is the direct precursor of vitamin C in industrial synthesis. 2-KLG is mainly produced via the classical two-step fermentation route. In the two-step fermentation process, 2-KLG can be synthesized from L-sorbose by Ketogulonicigenium vulgare aided by Bacillus megaterium. There are five sorbose/sorbosone dehydrogenases (SSDHs), SSDA1, SSDA1-P, SSDA2, SSDA3 and SSDB, an ...