Jump to Main Content
- Georgousaki, Katerina; Tsafantakis, Nikolaos; Gumeni, Sentiljana; González-Menéndez, Victor; de Pedro, Nuria; Tormo, José Rubén; Almeida, Celso; Lambert, Carole; Genilloud, Olga; Trougakos, Ioannis P.; Fokialakis, Nikolas
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.301 pp. 88-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Cercospora; antioxidant activity; bioreactors; cell lines; chemical analysis; cytotoxicity; fibroblasts; fulvic acids; fungi; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; liquids; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyketides; proteasome endopeptidase complex; screening
- ... From a large screening of microbial extracts for the discovery of proteasome modulating natural products, the fungal strain Cercospora sp. (CF-223709) was selected as the most promising for further investigation. Different liquid cultures of the strain were initially screened for their anti-oxidant activity (DPPH, ABTS) and for their cytotoxicity against the A2058, HepG2 and CCD25sk cell lines. A ...
- Daghero, Hellen; Pagotto, Romina; Vallespí, Maribel G.; Bollati-Fogolín, Mariela
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.301 pp. 79-87
- anti-inflammatory activity; apoptosis; cell lines; cell proliferation; cell viability; dexamethasone; epithelium; gene expression; genes; humans; inflammation; lung neoplasms; lungs; mechanism of action; models; neoplasm cells; phosphorylation; plasmids; screening; signal transduction; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Nuclear Factor kappa B (NF-κB) is a conserved transcription factor involved in the expression of genes that are critical to inflammation and cell survival. Exposure to particular signals results in phosphorylation of NF-κB inhibitor proteins, which in turn allows NF-κB dimers to translocate to the nucleus and induce gene expression. Pathologic consequences of NF-κB activation are vast, mainly beca ...