Jump to Main Content
- Quehenberger, Julian; Albersmeier, Andreas; Glatzel, Holger; Hackl, Matthias; Kalinowski, Jörn; Spadiut, Oliver
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.301 pp. 56-67
- Sulfolobus; biomass production; buffering capacity; carbon; citric acid; culture flasks; gene expression; glucose; models; monosodium glutamate; protein hydrolysates; trace elements
- ... The thermoacidophilic Crenarchaeon Sulfolobus acidocaldarius is an important model organism for Archaea and genetic systems are well established. To date, the organism is routinely cultivated on complex media based on protein hydrolysates and no common defined medium is established. In this work we address this lack of a standardized defined medium and replaced the complex protein hydrolysate with ...
- Daghero, Hellen; Pagotto, Romina; Vallespí, Maribel G.; Bollati-Fogolín, Mariela
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.301 pp. 79-87
- anti-inflammatory activity; apoptosis; cell lines; cell proliferation; cell viability; dexamethasone; epithelium; gene expression; genes; humans; inflammation; lung neoplasms; lungs; mechanism of action; models; neoplasm cells; phosphorylation; plasmids; screening; signal transduction; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Nuclear Factor kappa B (NF-κB) is a conserved transcription factor involved in the expression of genes that are critical to inflammation and cell survival. Exposure to particular signals results in phosphorylation of NF-κB inhibitor proteins, which in turn allows NF-κB dimers to translocate to the nucleus and induce gene expression. Pathologic consequences of NF-κB activation are vast, mainly beca ...