Jump to Main Content
- Farinha, Inês; Araújo, Diana; Freitas, Filomena
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.303 pp. 30-36
- Komagataella pastoris; biomass; bioprocessing; cell walls; composite polymers; mannans; mannose; protein content; salts; yeasts
- ... Komagataella pastoris was recently proposed as a source of valuable polysaccharides, namely, the co-polymer chitin-glucan complex (CGC) and mannose-containing polymers (mannans), that are extracted from its cell-wall. In this study, a novel cultivation medium, Medium K, was developed envisaging the simultaneous production of both types of cell-wall polysaccharides. The use of Medium K for the cult ...
- Carlozzi, Pietro; Touloupakis, Eleftherios; Di Lorenzo, Tiziana; Giovannelli, Alessio; Seggiani, Maurizia; Cinelli, Patrizia; Lazzeri, Andrea
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.303 pp. 37-45
- Lactobacillus; Rhodopseudomonas; Rhodospirillaceae; bioeconomics; biohydrogen; bioprocessing; effluents; environmental impact; hydrogen production; industrial byproducts; lactic acid bacteria; molasses; nutrients; poly-3-hydroxybutyrate; raw materials; whey
- ... Consecutive dark-fermentation and photo-fermentation stages were investigated for a profitable circular bio-economy. H2 photo-production versus poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) (P3HB) accumulation is a modern biotechnological approach to use agro-food industrial byproducts as no-cost rich-nutrient medium in eco-sustainable biological processes. Whey and molasses are very important byproducts rich in nutrie ...